Datapath have introduced the ActiveSQX2, a new PCIe plug-in card that allows IP sources to be decoded for display on video walls and workstations and for captured sources to be encoded for delivery to other parts of the ecosystem.
When combined with Datapath capture and graphics cards, the ActiveSQX2 is a powerful tool, giving users the ability to decode both h.264 and HEVC h.265 streams for immediate display.
The encoding feature allows a number of captured sources to be simultaneously re-distributed across the network to other endpoints who need the same information for display. When used within the Aetria environment, HDCP protected sources can also be encoded and streamed to other Aetria endpoints.
The ActiveSQX2 is fully compatible with Datapath’s current Vision capture card family and can also be used alongside the ActiveSQX card for customers wishing to decode more streams or to add scalable encoding to their solution.
Whether transmitting local sources over the network for remote display, monitoring and integration, or viewing IP sources alongside local sources, the ActiveSQX2 card provides highly reliable encode and decode operations for complex video distribution projects such as large-scale Control Rooms, NOCs, SOCs, Campuses and more.
Key features at a glance include:
- Dedicated encode/decode card with dual RJ45 Ethernet ports
- On-board SQX engine
- Supports AVC H.264 and HEVC H.265
- Decode up to 12 x 1080p30 streams (H.264 or H.265)
- Encode up to 8 x 1080p30 H.264 streams or 3 x H.265 (1080p 30) streams
- AES encryption for each stream when used within an Aetria system
- Two ethernet ports for connecting to separate networks