Dragos Inc has announced the expansion of its global agreement with Emerson which is set to validate the Dragos Platform within its DeltaV distributed control system (DCS) providing organisations with greatly enhanced ICS/OT cybersecurity.
This extended agreement builds on the initial global agreement between Dragos and Emerson to protect industrial control systems and operational technologies for power producers and water utilities to now include organisations in dozens of industries including oil and gas, chemical, petrochemical, food and beverage, pharmaceutical, pulp and paper, metals and mining, and others.
The Dragos OT Security Platform is focused on reducing cyber risk to industrial environments. It provides visibility into assets and vulnerabilities, detects cyber threats to industrial systems, and enables efficient response through forensic investigation and OT-specific playbooks.
In addition, Dragos is incorporating DeltaV DCS platform-specific capabilities into the Dragos platform, including protocol dissectors, asset characterisations, threat behaviour analytics, and investigation playbooks to expand Emerson’s cybersecurity assessment capabilities and enhance threat detection and response for process industries.
With this expanded agreement, customers benefit from:
· Improved threat detection and response across the entire industrial OT network.
· Greatly enhanced visibility into the OT environment allowing industrial organisations to monitor assets, track, and mitigate vulnerabilities, and leverage traffic monitoring information to investigate issues and incidents.
· Fast, efficient and effective threat detection, response, and mitigation to help maintain safety and uptime as a result of continuously updated content packs hyper-focused on ICS networks for DeltaV DCS-specific and other vendors’ hardware.
· A full range of OT cybersecurity services available throughout Emerson’s global services network for process industries.
· The collective experience and intelligence of Dragos and Emerson to enhance education for defenders, including whitepapers, webinars and other resources.
“We recognise the increasing risk from the growing number of both targeted and un-targeted cyber threats against industrial operations and are committed to continuously strengthening our OT cybersecurity capabilities with best-in-class technology that allow us to proactively address the evolving threat environment head-on,” said Alexandre Peixoto, Cybersecurity Business Director of Emerson’s Process Systems and Software business. “Expanding our agreement with Dragos allows us to offer market-leading ICS/OT-specific cybersecurity to a large, diverse section of our customer base and provide the processing and manufacturing community with the protection they need to safely and efficiently run their operations.”
“Emerson has been a fantastic collaborator and we are proud of the work we have done together to help power producers and water utilities securely run their operations,” said Matt Cowell, Vice President of Business Development at Dragos. “By growing our agreement and bringing industrial cybersecurity to an even wider group of industries, we are able to reach and protect a wider array of organisations in the process industry sector, many of whom are just embarking on the path of digital transformation and have immediate needs to reduce risk as they expand connectivity.”