This tool empowers security and development teams to effectively prioritise risks and concentrate on critical areas. The platform brings together policy, orchestration, correlation, integrated static application security testing (SAST), and software composition analysis (SCA) engines, seamlessly integrating security activities throughout the software development life cycle.
By utilising Software Risk Manager, teams gain access to a centralised source of truth, enabling them to make informed decisions and deliver robust and resilient applications.
The Software Risk Manager combines intelligent policy-driven orchestration and vulnerability management capabilities with Synopsys Software Integrity Group’s market-leading SAST and SCA engines, offering broad support for other open-source and commercial AST tools. This comprehensive ASPM solution enhances the ability to implement application security consistently across any organisation.
Jason Schmitt, the general manager of Synopsys Software Integrity Group, emphasises the importance of effective and efficient application security programs to reduce software risk and deliver value.
“Many organisations undergoing digital transformation struggle with managing their software risk at scale. Software Risk Manager addresses this challenge by providing teams with a holistic view of their application security posture, accelerating time to value, and reducing overall AppSec program costs.”
Gartner, the renowned research and advisory company, recognises the significance of Application Security Posture Management (ASPM) in improving security efficacy and risk management across software development, deployment, and operations.
They predict that by 2026, over 40% of organisations developing proprietary applications will adopt ASPM to swiftly identify and resolve application security issues.
Software Risk Manager is built on Synopsys’ Code Dx and Intelligent Orchestration products, enhanced to deliver a comprehensive ASPM solution. This empowers teams to:
1. Implement policy driven AppSec at scale by centrally defining and enforcing universal security policies for test execution and vulnerability management.
2. Unify user experiences across different application security testing tools, maximising existing security investments, simplifying resourcing and operations, and facilitating transitions and tool consolidation across teams.
3. Consolidate vulnerability reporting and management across projects, teams, and tools, providing a complete, normalised, deduplicated, and prioritised picture of security risks.
4. Simplify AppSec integration and orchestration in development workflows by integrating security workflows within existing developer toolchains and systems, enabling quick onboarding for existing projects and builds.
5. Optimise core application security testing with a single, unified solution, efficiently deploying, managing, and reporting on core application security testing functions using Synopsys’ market-leading SAST and SCA engines.